Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Birks flip flops!

Here are some of the newer stuff from Birkenstock, I thought I should introduce.
Papillio has recently started to sell waterproof and super lightweight flip flops - named "Del Mar". I bought a pair and though it wasn't for myself, I saw, felt and tried them on.
Selling at much lesser than Havaianas, these moulded footbeds gradually conform to the patterns of your sole after long wearing. They cost 10 Euros online and come in sizes 36 to 46 for men and ladies. They are packaged in a transparent papillio drawstring shoebag.

Betula alike has also produced a range of flip flops which have a more feminine appeal. From the pinkish shades and slimmer cutting. They too cost 10+ Euros, which is very much a far cry from what Havaianas can cost. They're called "Energy". Pretty weird a name when you look at the powder pinkish slipper. However, its comfort nevertheless is unsurpassed.

Personally, I own a Havaianas and it has served me well. I suppose they are different in nature one being the heavyweight continental and the other the featherlite agile.


Betula's Energy Sandal - SGD 26

Papillio Del Mar Sandal - SGD 26

Should you want to give them a try, feel free to drop me a mail! :)

1 comment:

Rosy said...

The stuff in the blog was really nice. Nice collection.
cheers,
Rosy.
---------------------
http://www.withcrystalsandstones.net/